[geocentrism] GR

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>, <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:22:12 -0000

Dear Mike,
I meant to add this to my previous posting but forgot. You will notice the
use of the word *believe* where I felt it was necessary.

When Michaelson and Morley performed their interferometer experiment they
were trying to prove that the earth moved through the aether. OK so far?
Because they got a nil result (no light interference fringes) they concluded
that the earth did not move. However further interferometer experiments were
set up to try and explain why they got a nil result or failure as some
scientists preferred to call it. This was because everyone *believed* the
Earth did move and they therefore could not accept the results.

This, as you probably know, caused quite a stir and upset not a few
scientists. The preferred conclusion of the experiments was, not that the
Earth was stationary, but that there was no aether even though it had been
given a 'constant' by Max Plank. This aether was *believed* to exist because
it was *believed* light needed a medium in which to travel.

Then along came Einstein and did away with the aether with his strange
relativity theories and all because nobody wanted to *believe* that the
Earth looked as though it was stationary.

So when you start quoting GR etc. I have to take a sceptical view because of
the level of belief that is needed.

I will be happy to consider anything on this subject that does not contain
any guesswork.

I would like to know if there is anyone else on this forum who shares my
view?