[geocentrism] Apology and explanation

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:22:22 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings all!
When posts have not arrived at the time of logging on on the second day after
making them, I submit that one has a licence to panic. When subsequent posts
also do not arrive, I submit that the licence has been extended. All of these
items were in my "Sent Items" box, so I "Forwarded" them. They still didn't
arrive. More ominously, they did not arrive in my own "In Box". Three "failure
notices" did arrive from the net nanny and four " [no subject] - Unknown "
messages appeared at freelists/geocentrism (always at the bottom) which contain
jumbled text and html code(?) tags seemingly from my posts.
I next tried copying the contents into new posts from my home mail box -- new
country, new IPS -- they still didn't arrive. Next tests involved sending tests
between mail boxes and they arrived promptly. I began to suspect
geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Today on logging on, I find all the posts seem to have arrived including the
panic induced forwarded copies (sincere apologies to anyone who feels they have
been hectored). I also received an email from an unconnected acquaintance
stating that he had received a "failure to deliver - unknown addressee" type
message when he had tried to email me. Three hours later, a subsequent attempt
succeeded.
I'm posting this to apologise for any angst I may have caused but also as a
test of the lines of communication and I'll wait for it to arrive before making
any further posts. It took me some hours to audit the posts vs arrivals and I
don't want to have to do that again.
I have learnt something useful from this exercise however -- let me share it
with you. Part of the audit exercise included making a list of the posts
received at freelists. I found that the click/drag method of marking the block
of directory entries for the block copy function didn't work, so I tried
something I'd stumbled upon recently in extracting info from the source of the
full header of posts on Yahoo -- and it worked here also. If you left_click at
the start of the block of data you wish to mark and then shift/left_click at
the end, the block is marked and can be copied. It may also work with other
'difficult' text situations but I haven't tried yet. Hope this is useful rather
that simply demonstrating that I am way behind the play!
Paul D

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.
www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail