[GeoStL] Re: amongst friends

  • From: "Susan R. Makky" <susan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 20:53:14 -0500

-
Sue,
         I have kids 7, 8, 10 & 14. Each have their own geocache
names & signature items. That helps to get them to join in a little
more often.   They also like taking turns with the GPS. The 14 year
old isn't into it. But, hey, she's 14. I could sprout wings and fly
and shoot lightning bolts from my fingers and I'd still be "BORING."
My younger three are good for shorter adventures.
         If you haven't already, I strongly recommend the caches in
Washington. There are several in a great park behind the YMCA off 5th
street. Good walk for little legs, mostly short walks. Good spots to
take kid breaks, play areas, etc. We've done most of that area
already. Easy enough solo or small group caches. Washington's First
Geo-Post Office and One for the USA. Both are regular caches,  which
usually have sufficient goodies for the kids to trade. There are also
two micros in the area, if you're feeling extra ambitious.
I'd eventually like to work on some of the St Peters & St Charles
caches. Would be nice to have company.
         As for references to hobby vs obsession: I've found a hobby
is something you both want to do. An obsession is what he (or she)
doesn't want to do.
Susan
mothership