[GeoStL] Re: What is the definition of a confluence or river mouth?

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:35:41 -0600

-
You might want to look into mile markers on the river. For the IL river, they should end at the confluence. That should get you within a mile of where they consider the confluence.

On 12/6/2010 6:59 PM, Jim Bensman wrote:

I am working on a Earth Cache overlooking the confluence of the IL and MS rivers with a great view that hopefully will be ready for the New Year Event. The theme is going to be where is the actual confluence. Since there are several islands at the confluence, where the “confluence” is actually is not exactly clear. Some say it is at Calhoun Point where the waters meet and some say it is 2 miles downstream in Grafton after the islands. I cannot find any kind of “official” definition. I did lots of googling but could not find anything I would call official or specific enough to determine where the confluence actually is. Does anyone know of a definition I could use? Thanks!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->