[GeoStL] Re: Was: New Garmin Units; now: PDA

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:07:22 -0500

-
Mike,

Did not you get this:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Bensman [mailto:jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 7:56 AM
To: Mike Griffin (griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx); RGS (gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Next class

Do you have access to laptop projectors?  I may be able to borrow one.

How does this sound for the next class:

Have everyone in one group and use a laptop projector for a quick
demonstration on what various software will do.

Since your room has a divider. Then divide up into two groups.  Then we can
divide up the time for training on how to use software and how to create
pocket queries.

Here are some of what I think we could demonstrate and train on:

Pocket Queries
Street Atlas USA 2004 Plus
MS Streets or what ever it is called
GSAK
SPINNER
GPSBABEL
EasyGPS
ExpertGPS
QuakeMap
Plucker
MapSource
EasyMPS

Anything else we are missing?

We probably would not have time to teach and demonstrate PDAs.  That could
be the next session.