[GeoStL] Re: This is getting too weird-are we running out of places to hide caches???

  • From: Glenn Nash <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:50:32 -0600

-
That is exactly what happened.

Referring to my pile of old points,  it looks like in November of '08
someone placed the PVC 51 feet to the south. The cache owner didn't
want to get permission so archived the cache.  It happens from time to
time but I really don't know how often.

On Feb 23, 2009, at 1:36 PM, Jim Bensman wrote:

> -
> Check out GC1MJ8H
>
> What appears to have happened is after crazy4moose hid a nano here and
> before it got published, someone else hid a pcv tube within a couple
> of feet
> from the nano!  The cache name is O Nano, Where Art Thou? So I was
> looking
> for a nano and I spot a pcv tube with a log in it.  So I question in
> my log
> if the container was replaced.  So crazy4moose checked it out and
> found (and
> removed) the pcv container.  I think this is hilarious!  Bernie gets
> FTF for
> the pcv container.  Glenn, did someone try to publish a cache at
> that spot?
> A while back something similar happened on a bike trail in Madison
> County.
> I wonder how often stuff like this happens.
>
> Jim Bensman
> "Nature Bats Last"

Your friendly Missouri Geocache Review team,
Glenn (*gln) & Reviewer of the Cache (RotC)