[GeoStL] Stopping the problem RE: Re: Web site

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:17:27 -0600

-
I've come up with a solution to deal with thjese server problems.  Here is
the response I got back.  I do not ever do the forums and cannot find where
they started a topic on my suggestions.  Can someone figure out where this
discusion is for me and then others can chime in.  I think this would do a
lot to reduce congestion on the site.

From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Premium Membership Inquiry
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:53:19 -0600

One thing that bothers me is how this site tends to be very slow when lots
of people are logging caches.

I came up with something that I think could help with this problem:
Modifying a program like GSAK to allow you to enter your log into the
program and then have the program upload the logs to geocaching.com.  As you
will see in their message to me, they say this is not allowed.  If this is
true, could you please explain why and will you reconsider the policy?
Would not this have the potential to drastically reduce congestion on the
site?  It also would be a lot easier.  Perhaps this could just be offered to
premium members.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.