[GeoStL] Re: Signature Items

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

Sara,

My caching name is Thunder_monk and I had in my mind a personalized coin or
token for a long time before I found bumblebuttons.com....It is owned by a
geocacher and she understands the eccentricity of those of us who are obsessed.
I sent her some ideas and even a bit of clip art I had collected. She worked
with me through several incarnations and we finally came up with a very unique
and beautiful design which is what I use now for my signature item. Even the
last batch I ordered which had increased in price just a little cost me less
than the hot wheels and other things I had been using.

I am slowly collecting other cachers signature items and these are some of the
ones I have so far:
Five Frogs - Personalized buttons
Strider - toy soldier with Strider written on the bottom in marker
Geo Jim - squashed penny with geo jim on back and St Louis arch on the front
rocksusan - polished rock
1944 Steel penny - konopapaw
and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head
I have seen:
dominos altered with someones caching name
wooden nickels with a personalized logo
several different business cards personalized by cacher

What is so grat about signature items is that you can use just about anything
and make it yours...good luck in your search and if you decide on a button I
would reccomend
www.bumblebuttons.com and tell Vicky I sent you over. She will treat you right.

Dan (Thunder)

Sara Carter <beancounter2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had been considering personalized pins before all the pin talk came up in
reference to name tags.  Does anyone else have suggestions for things to use as
signature items?  I don't want to exactly steal others ideas but seem to be
having a mental block on what I could use as a signature item.  I know some
make personal buttons and GeoJim has his pennies (I haven't seen them but have
heard of them and wondered just how he personalized pennies).  Any other
suggestions for personal items?

Sara