[GeoStL] Re: Should he walk the plank?

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:51:22 -0800 (PST)

I gotta agree...that many caches found and no pencil/pen/other writing
instrument at all in any of them? I found a cache the other day that had a walk
of over a mile to get to and when I found the cache I realized I forgot any
kind
of writing instrument. I "wrote" my initials with a stick on the log and took a
pic of the cache hide and sent it to the CO for proof.

-Michael

________________________________
From: mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Should he walk the plank?
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:42:39 -0600

 It has come to my attention that a local cacher, a member of SLAGA, a friend
us all, and a member of this list, has logged over 140 finds in the past few
days of all of the MOGA caches at Mark Twain Lake.  On all 140 caches, he said
he didn't have a pen so he couldn't sign the log book.  Moga puts pencils in
all
of the caches.  An easy remedy to this situation is for the cacher, himself, to
delete all of the bogus finds.  I have encouraged the MOGA staff NOT to delete
them.  Everyone plays this game his own way, be it ethical or not.  My question
to the group is, since MOGA'11 has a pirate theme, if he doesn't delete the
logs
and shows up at MOGA'11, SHOULD WE MAKE HIM WALK THE PLANK?