[GeoStL] Re: September Meet, Greet & Eat event

  • From: Tom <lobocs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:01:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Laura for spearheading this event. Do you think it will be a
published event on GC.com?
  I don't know the southwest area that well, so any of the places you mentioned
is fine with me. I think a lunchtime meet/greet (noonish, 1:00) would be good,
and maybe get some group caching in afterwards. I think I will be able to make
it to the event. I'll put it on my calendar.
  I and yawetag (Andrew) are looking at doing the next Meet/Great/Eat in North
County at the beginning of November (maybe the 3rd).

  Tom (Lobocs)

Laura DeWeese <festive@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I am planning the
September Meet, Greet & Eat event, to be held in southwest St Louis County,
probably in Sunset Hills.  The date that I have chosen is Sunday, September
30th.  Yes, I realize that it is the day after the picnic.  But I figured some
people who can?t make it to the picnic might be able to attend this.  And those
of us who did go to the picnic can tell them all about what a great time they
missed, so maybe they will try harder to make it to the next one.  Okay, maybe
the real reason is that I promised to organize a Meet, Greet & Eat event in
September, and time got away from me, and I didn?t get around to it until now.
Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion about which restaurant and
what time.  I was hoping for a restaurant that has a room (or at least
partitioned off area) that we could have, so that we could all be seated
together.  The places I thought of are:  Smugala?s Pizza (GREAT
 pizza! And lots of other stuff too), O?Leary?s (at least they used to before
the fire, I will check and see if they still do), and Culpepper?s in Kirkwood
(theirs is downstairs).  Please let me know if you have a preference, or if you
know of another place in southwest St Louis County that has a separate room we
could use.

  Thanks!!
  Laura (a.k.a. purple)

Don't let your dream ride pass you by.    Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos.