[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA Web Site Fees

  • From: Sara Carter <beancounter2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:29:11 -0700 (PDT)

I had immediately sent a donation after I read the newsletter and found out I
could make a donation via paypal.  This was done before Dave's offer to match
the contributions.  I was happy to see someone step up the plate and be so
generous on this, but at the same time also saddened to see that we as people
need to see that someone else has to agree to put in before others will open
their wallets.  Having been laid off and out of work for a while last year I
fully understand that for some of us it is much easier to afford to give than
others (regardless of the amount) and that everyone has different financial
situations.  As I said I gave and hope to donate on a somewhat regular basis as
I can't afford to plunk out a large amount at one time.  I would like to
encourage others to give also but do it because you feel it is the right thing
to do to keep something that you enjoy alive, not because someone else is
willing to put in extra if you put in first.  In closing I'm gonna
 say that
 I will be truly disapointed in this group if the total of the donations put in
after the newsletter plea is $174 ($87x2 for the matching amount).

Okay I'm done with my rant, sorry if I offended anyone and thanks again for
being so generous Dave.

Sara

Dave <d-a-v-e@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-

SLAGA needs donations to pay for our web site hosting fees, domain name
registration, spring
picnic and future events. If you haven't made a voluntary donation recently,
please make one
now..

I hereby challenge you to donate to SLAGA.

For every dollar donated to SLAGA by May 1, 2004. I will donate an equal dollar
amount up to a
maximum of $87.00. However, I would like my donation to be earmarked for this
year's web site
hosting fees.

Island-Dave

You can contribute via personal check, money order, cash or PayPal. Go to the
web site and
click on About SLAGA.

Subject field