[GeoStL] Re: Problem CHILD

  • From: "Dru C Reeves" <drur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:21:11 -0600

-
-Sarah
I just got off the floor after laughing my rear off! I am 36 years old and
have been in the ARMY for 18 of those years, although at 18 years old, I
could have easily written the exact same statement.

Dru

Whoops!!! Forgot to put in my reply (insert red face here...)

  For an eighteen yr. old you have a very level head on your shoulders.

  Sarah
Sarah Chisholm <crowesfeat30@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  -

Glenn Reeves wrote: -
Some of the SLAGA members know that I am an 18 year member of the United
States
Army. I am a Reservist and unlike Jim, who finds very little good in the
United
States, I believe (and many others) that this is the greatest nation to EVER

grace the face of this planet. Jim?s philosophy is that we as a nation are
inherently bad and must make amends for our past, present and future
actions.
Although we have experienced rocky spots in our history, the US has been a
shining example of what free people who can express their thoughts and
opinions
can become. I don?t endorse the views of many groups in our society but will

gladly fight to my death for their RIGHT to express themselves. This extends
people who make ?off-color? jokes. Upon hearing one of these ?off-color?
comments, a NORMAL adult would do one of two things;

1. Ignore the person who made these comments
2. Confront the person and let them know you are offended and would
appreciate
them not saying such things in public

Now we will analyze Jim?s response to the situation. According to Jim, the
WHOLE organization is responsible for the remarks of a very few members and
MUST be re-trained to change the way HE thinks and feels (sounds rather like
Communist society to me).

Do we all see a slight case of hypocrisy here?

Dru C Reeves