[GeoStL] Paparazzi and Pasta Palooza update.

  • From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:51:43 -0700

-
http://coord.info/gc1jrz7
The Paparazzi & Pasta Palooza! event is just a few days off!  I really
appreciate all of you who have offered to help and are bringing the essential
items to ensure a successful event.

FOOD - It looks like we are going to have plenty of dessert, parmesan cheese,
and drinks. Several people are bringing bread. Only one person has stated that
they are bringing salad.  We are expecting some mystery dishes as well.  I love
potlucks.

OTHER ITEMS - It appears that we are set on the plates, utensils, cups, and
napkins.

SCAVENGER HUNT - The final list is almost complete for the scavenger hunt.
I've had several people inquiry about how the scavenger hunt is going to be
structured.

All members of a team must stay together during the hunt.  I would like the
teams to be no bigger than four people.

The hunt is going to include four categories: people, things, coordinates, and
activities.

Each item will have a point value.  For example: A Missouri license plate it a
thing with a point value of 1.  A reenactment of the Beatle's Abbey Road Album
cover is an activity and is worth 5 points (yes, this is one).  A picture of
the statue at N XX XX.XXX W YYY YY.YYY is a coordinate and is worth 1 point.  A
person on skates is a person and is worth 2 points. and so on....

Most items on the list can be taken from the comfort of your geo-mobile, or
without venturing too far.  Many of the coordinate items are in down town J.C.
I will be posting a GPX file of the coordinates by Friday night.  To keep
things fair, the list will give additional instructions for the posted
coordinates.  For example, mimic the pose next to the statue at
coordinates.....  or picture of statue at coordinates with the Capitol in the
background.  There will also be several new caches on the list.  These caches
will not be released on GC.com until after noon on Saturday (as long as GLN
and/or ROTC o.k. this).

PRIZES  - Several people have donated some nice prizes.  The winners of the
scavenger hunt will get to go first in the food line and have first choice at
the prize table.  A drawing will be held for all remaining prizes and is open
to anyone attending the event.

SUGGESTIONS - This is the first time I've ever put on a scavenger hunt.  I'll
entertain suggestions and post any changes to the event and to the SLAGA
freelist.

REMEMBER - You do not have to participate in the scavenger hunt to log the
event.  If you just want to cache J.C. all day or just hang out at the pavilion
- do it!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.  Please let me know if you
have any additional questions.

Fried Okra and "Hot" Fried Okra.

Gary Braman
Senior Technical Consultant