[GeoStL] Re: OT: sort of: Droid Apps? For finding the phone.

  • From: "ehamemail" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:02:59 -0600

Thanks for all the great info.  (However , that call the phone and find it
under the couch advice --  hmmm -- again, it SOUNDS simple enough... )

I've been coveting phones for two years and today I realized that there's
something to be said for my 6 year old phone: open it up, push a button and
make a call.  I've discovered that with this phone, I have to turn it "on" to
turn it off.

I like the "Light" app -- I can fnd things in the dark now.
My daughter found one that is a tuner -- sing or play a note and it tells you
what it is I.'d like to encourage all parents of junior high band members to
look into this one!

Nancy

          From: Jon Mertz <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
          To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Monday, December 27, 2010, 1:37 PM

          Nancy, I have a co-worker who said he had an app to let him locate
the phone over the Internet. He could also remotely lock the phone in the event
that it was stolen, and I think he said he could remotely wipe the flash drive.
Locating it under the couch doesn't require an app; just call it so it rings.

          Sorry I don't know the name of it, but you might be able to search
for the features..

          On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM, ehamemail <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

            -
            What is a good app for finding the phone when it disappears? Lost?
Stolen? Under the couch?   Any favorites?  The 13 yr old in the house now owns
one and I'd like to keep it that way.

            And of course, geocaching etc.  Faves?

            Nancy

            Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->