[GeoStL] Re: Not-For-Profit

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, slaga <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:19:40 -0500

-
thanks hariry, I was just getting ready to pop ya a note about this stuff.

At 03:24 PM 4/12/2004, Greg Ponder wrote:

Egads. Y'all have become a talkative tribe. Why can't you wait until after tax season to talk such stuff as 501(c)(3)? If you want the absolute skinny, why doncha check out the irs website. Here's a brochure:

<http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4220.pdf>http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4220.pdf

Your main trick is to qualify with an "exempt purpose."

Your main costs will be upfront costs: incorporation and filing for exempt status (with $150 fee, if I recall correctly), which the IRS must approve.

In general, if your revenues are less than $25,000 per year, you will not have annual annual filing requirements or associated costs.

The Hairy Hillbilly

By the way...I want to volunteer for the salsa and suds sampling committee.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - <http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html>File online by April 15th