[GeoStL] Re: Need help with outlook

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:59:58 -0500

-
Bernie, part of that may have to do with the server that you're
connecting to. I'm not sure how you're set up, but if you're telling
the program to store the messages on a server that doesn't support
folders, they're not going anywhere but the binary pseudo-void that
truly deleted E-mails go to.

Another possibility is that you have Outlook set up to empty the
Deleted Items folder when you close the program, or even to just
bypass it entirely. If this is the case, it should be as simple as
finding the option and changing it.

You might try setting up a folder under Outlook and instead of
deleting the messages that you no longer want cluttering your Inbox,
move them to the Archive folder.

-Jon