[GeoStL] Re: NGR - passwords on Windows7

  • From: Jonathan Mertz <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 22:54:37 -0500

Mike raises a good point. If all you're concerned about is the data, you
can put the drive in another computer to copy the files off, and then
either wipe the drive (for resale) or rebuild it from the factory image
(for re-use.) You'll probably lose all his settings, but that's not what's
important anyway. There are other options for that such as Norton Ghost (I
think it's Symantec Ghost now, since they bought Norton) which will let you
create an image of the drive, which can reside as a file on another
computer, and lets you browse through it to copy files out or view them
(It's similar in usage to a .zip, except that you can't edit the original
ghost image.)