[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Operation Smile

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:41:51 -0500

For those (like me) who were wondering what it meant to "spread smiles"
here's the explanation:

Operation Smile
(http://www.operationsmile.org<javascript:popupPageleave('/tools/leave.cfm?new_win=true&url=http://www.operationsmile.org')>)
is a worldwide children's medical charity whose network of global volunteers
provide free reconstructive facial surgery to repair childhood facial
deformities such as cleft lip and cleft palate. Medical training and
education helps build public and private partnerships that advocate for
sustainable healthcare systems for children and families where none are
available.

...That actually sounds worthwhile now!
-Tarcas