[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Missouri Outdoor Women Event in June

  • From: "Laura Million" <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:29:11 -0600

-
I went to the "Becoming and Outdoor Woman" weekend at Trout Lodge a year a
go and it was great. It sounds similar to the MO Outdoor Women Event. In
fact, I just got back this weekend from the "Women's Wellness Weekend" at
Trout Lodge were a friend and I taught a class on Geocaching. It went great,
except for the rain. It was so cold and rainy that we spent only about 10
minutes outside so they could program their GPSs and find a practice cache
we hid near the building. Several were very interested in getting started
and one of the staff people may come to MOGA. We are going back in a few
weeks to teach the YMCA Staff about geocaching. Many have to "train" the
guests on how to use the GPSs that Trout Lodge owns, and they are not too
enthusiastic about it. The staff person that came to our class said that she
didn't realize how much was involved in caching and that it looked like more
fun than she first realized. Looks like we may have some more converts. I
talked up MOGA so I hope we have a few interested ladies attend that.

Laura Million