[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Choose Missouri's new plates

  • From: Max Slover <k0azv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:23:12 -0800 (PST)

-
I'd like to point that you will have a chance to voice
your opinion about the new designs and ask questions.
They will have meeting at the following location
discussing the new plates and the designs.

St. Louis - Troop C MSHP Headquarters
Friday, March 2
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
599 South Mason Road
St. Louis, MO

Max...

--- "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> I'd agree with what others have said, don't waste
> tax dollars changing them,
> but I figured if you can't beat them, join them. So
> I voted and passed the
> link along.  Here's what the FAQ page said about the
> reasoning behind the
> change.
>

> Why are we changing our license plate?
> State law requires the Department of Revenue to
> begin a full reissuance of
> plates by January 1, 2009. There are a number of
> reasons to change Missouri's
> plate design: to improve the plate's visibility, to
> reduce tab theft, and to
> ensure collection of state and local sales taxes and
> local property taxes.
> The Missouri State Highway Patrol aided the advisory
> committee to help
> ensure that Missouri's new plate would be easier to
> read for law enforcement
> and would provide features to reduce tab theft. The
> license plate is a vital
> tool for law enforcement.

Public Information Officer -- St. Louis & Suburban Radio Club
K0AZV - Amateur
WPWH-650 GMRS
St. Louis County ARES
St. Ann MO EM48tr