[GeoStL] Minnie Ha Ha Cache

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocache ListServer <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:09:26 -0600

-

If anyone does this cache, you should check out this tree that is near by.
The coordinates are:
N 38&deg; 30.846 W 090&deg; 25.895

I was there a few times with our scout troop doing Eagle projects at the
park. I found this tree with a hole in the trunk at ground level. I looked
in, and the tree was hollow and huge. I called the scouts over to have a
look, and six of them crawled in, then our 300 pound 6 foot something
scoutmaster crawled in after them. They all thought it was really cool until
the flatulence started and there was an immediate exodus. At that point, I
was not interested in crawling in and checking it out personally. I am sure
the air has cleared enough by now if anyone wants to check it out after
doingthe cache.

It would have been a really neat place to put a cache, but it would have
beenmuggled in a short time, since they now have a mulch path right to the
tree.