[GeoStL] Re: Maps

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:03:25 -0600

-
If you already have version 7, it is NOT worth the money for an upgrade.
While I found a couple of errors fixed, I was really disappointed with all
the errors still in the map.  I was also disappointed with the POI updates.
Still lots of inaccuracies.  I also do not understand why they do not put
WIFI locations in the POIs.  However, it still is a great program and I hope
version 9 is much improved.  It would be great if some company like Delorme
would make competing maps.  Garmin clearly needs competition.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"