[GeoStL] Re: MapSource Question

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:33:59 -0600

-
You need to be careful about what version is what.  On the left side on
the drop down list in the menu bar, it probably says Trip and Waypoint
Manager 2.0.  However, if you go to the help menu and select About, it
will give you a different version. I think the 4.1 etc Rich is talking
about is the version of MapSource itself. Version 2 refers to the
Waypoint Manager that comes with the GPS receiver. If you add something
else that use MapSource, like I have North America City Select v5, it
will show up in the list along with Trip and Waypoint Manager v2. I
think the stuff in the drop down list is the database, and its version,
not the version of MapSource the software.

LuAnn wrote:

>-
>Yep,  the copyright note says 1999 and it is 2.0.    I have looked at the
>Garmin update stuff already  but I think I am just too old!  Huh??  I mean my
>program is too old!  lol  So basically I am going to have to bite the
>proverbial bullet and actually spend $$$ ??
>GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
>LuAnn,
>
>Are you sure it's 2.0? That must be 10 years old!
>
>I have 4.1 of Mapsource and it think it's about 4-5 years old. The current
>version is 6.5 I think. The upgrade on Garmin is free but it still uses the
>old maps unless you buy the upgrade CD, and that includes new maps.
>
>Rich

Subject field