[GeoStL] Re: Macros and Street Atlas RE: Re: the never ending saga

  • From: BruceS <bruces3418@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:46:57 -0800

-
I use two macros (multiple copies of both depending on database I am
using).  One I use to upload the zip/gpx files into gsak and another
to do the exports.  I do 6 exports, 5 s&t csv files (virtuals,
traditionals, multies, events, others) and a reformated gpx file that
I upload to my pda.  I could have it upload to gps but most of the
time I am working more with the maps until just before I go out. I use
the separate macros so I can check the last update date on caches and
mark those that have been inactived (archived or deactivated) so that
they are not exported to my files (I only include active caches in my
pocket queries).  I also put a pause in the export micro before the
event export as sometimes I do not have events in my pockets queries,
by placing a pause I can tell tell the micro to skip the export of
events if none are in the filter.  If you don't do this and the filter
yields zero records it will clear the filter and export all records in
your export.  First time I didn't notice what was happening and I had
event flags all over my map.
Subject field