[GeoStL] Re: Locationless

  • From: Greg Ponder <thehairyhillbilly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:19:19 -0800 (PST)

They do indeed count as finds, and I'm not sure they have been stopped...'cept
maybe they are worse than virtuals in the "quality control" arena for gc.com.
My area (deep southern Missouri--almost northern Arkansas) has very, very few
caches (that aren't mine : )). I have to drive many miles to get to very few
caches, so the locationless ones have given me and the kids a fun way to run
around with our GPSr. They get to pose for pictures, look out for the relevant
item for the locationless cache, etc.

I wish there were more good locationless caches, because the kids and I would
take advantage of the fun they offer.

I'm sure some would argue that you haven't found a Tupperware container under a
log in the woods, so how dare you to log a find, but I'm not caught up in the
numbers game that much to care. I still plan to someday find a round barn (I've
been to one years ago in Oklahoma), take a picture of it with my GPSr, and log
a find.

I guess all that I'm trying to express in all this rambling is geocaching is
meant to be a fun game. If locationless caches increase your enjoyment, well I
think that's all for the better.

Greg Ponder...The Hairy Hillbilly

Jim Williams <jwilliams2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
It's my understanding that they can still be found and count as legitimate
finds, but we can not create new ones.

Jim