[GeoSTL] Late report from the 3rd Floating & Camping Extravaganza:

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:11:15 -0500

Late report from the 3rd Floating & Camping Extravaganza:  I don't think we
could have picked a better W/E. Everything was great, the food the floaters
and the campers couldn't have been any better. The Floating portion of the
program started about noonish and everybody made it down the river and
finally checked in. Most of us landed about 5:30pm on the beach at Saranac
Springs. Some of us landed just a little harder than others tho, & I am not
saying who.  The Drifter got sidetracked and finally paddled in about
7:15PM.  Barammus and Lucky Leonard took off for home about 18:15 after a
full day.

Earl & Lannis arrived about 19:30. We told stories and goofed off  'till
around midnight+ . What on earth could we talk about that long? Hmmm, lets
see a partial list of topics include but are not limited to; The use of
multi-spectral (under) ground imaging radar, various uses of ultra-low
frequency radio communications, the technicalities of constructing campsite
saunas and hot tubs, and how to drain a lake and fill said hot tub at the
same time, the requirements of good cave mapping computer programs, hot to
make a campfire using just $5,000 worth of wood, 40gal of diesel fuel and a
dozen or so gallons of gasoline, (a really good campfire is one that can be
seen from outer space),  which led to various igniting  systems, including
an optical laser-actuated trigging devices... that was just to get us
started. I am quite sure that if we hadn't fallen asleep or had to leave on
Sunday, we would still be talking!!

Between the whooping of the partiers at one end of the campground staying up
'till 0200 and the primitive campsite rendezvous  (sp?) folks at the other
end of camp shooting off their black powder canons at 0600, I didn't get
much sleep Friday night. Then  all day on the river then another late night
Saturday made for a long day. , I think we had a splendid time and I am
still beat and cant wait to go again.

Keep your eyes peeled for "The Camping and Floating Extravanganza #4"
coming to a river near you soon.

Glenn & JoA
STL, MO

---
I am certified Virus Free, I  always twitch!

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
To donate to SLAGA:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=GLNash%40SWBell.net&item_name=SLAGA

Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.