[GeoSTL] Re: Just Wondering?

  • From: Brian Maddox <gowaddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 05:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

I've got an eTrex Vista myself.  The main reason I picked it up was that it
had more memory than some of the other eTrex models.  This was useful to us
since we usually use electronic maps instead of paper ones (used to put stuff
into Pocket Streets before we got the GPS).  I haven't had any problems with
it so far.  The LCD has a pretty high resolution that makes it really
readable, even on the small screen.  The nice thing about having a lot of
memory on it is that I go to Sioux Falls for business off and on and can
stick the Metroguide maps of the entire route in it with room to spare.

--- Budlvr40@xxxxxxx wrote:
>    Any and all responses would be appreciated!!!          6/14/02
> -- What brand and model GPS do you guys/gals use?
> -- What do you like/dislike about your model
> -- Finally does anybody use or in the past used a Garmin gps12?
>     -- Specially interested in what you switched to and if it is a lot
> better
> or just more bells and whistles ( nothing against them)
>
>   This is purely for my information, am considering getting a new unit,
> have
> read lots of logs and reviews, but still indecisive!  Also have been asked
> recommend a unit for a friend who may get into caching, but will definetly
> use it sailing!
>
>   Thanks in advance,
>                                  Bob

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.