[GeoStL] Re: Jeramy responds to battles

  • From: "Greg & Bobbi Crouch" <mo_crouchs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:00:28 -0600

I didn't realize there could be so much debate over such a fun activity.
However as far as charging for the use of the site, If people would just invest
a few bucks each in the merchandise, that would go a long way to support the
site financially and there would be no need to charge now or in the future.
Also the more advertising/merchandise there is out there in the hands of the
knowledgable geocacher, the better the sport/game can become through public
awareness. I just found out about Geocaching through the Rural Missouri
publication a few weeks ago and have spoken to several people and so far I have
yet to find someone who knows about geocaching. I told my dad about it, he's
from western KY, and he has also tried to find people in his area without
success. I may or may not have made any sense on my take on the financial
aspect of geocaching so do keep in mind that i am new to this and am just
getting involved. I just beleive public awareness is the key to success and a
good way to increase public awareness it to support the site by purchasing
Geocaching/Groundspeak merchandise and displaying it proudly with knowledge.
    Greg