[GeoStL] Help Wanted (GC 101)

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Freelist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:10:12 -0700 (PDT)

All:

SLAGA's Geocaching 101 class is coming up on Saturday, October 29th at Queeny
Park rec center (ice rink).  We already have 9 pre-registered participants and
more will likely register this week.  We could use at least 4 or 5 more
volunteers to help out, particularly with the one-on-one outdoor segment.  The
class starts at 10:00 am and usually runs until around 1:00 pm.  The outdoor
segment usually starts shortly after 11:00 am.  We take the participants
outside, answer questions about GPS use for geocaching, and find a few of the
permanent caches near the rec center.

If you're willing to lend a hand (no experience necessary :-D), please e-mail
slagaofficers@xxxxxxxxxxx  Now back to our highly irregular programming.

Tom