[GeoStL] Group Hunt Update

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:33:07 -0500

Just thought I'd give you a status on the upcoming Group Hunt on Saturday 11/10
at Strawberry Creek Nature Area.  2 new caches were just planted out there and
a third is being finished up.  Its plant date is Mon or Tues.  At that time
I'll submit all 3 to Glenn for approval.  So it looks like we'll have 3 new
caches out there next week to complement the already 10 there.

As stated earlier I'll be providing the hot dogs, limited amount of Brats, and
all the buns and condiments.  Please bring your own drinks and a finger food
(cookies, chips, etc.) to share.  Although there is a pavilion there, you might
want to bring your own lawn chair too.

The Group Hunt will start at 10:30 am and conclude with the eating festival.
I'll have park trail maps available so you can see where you are and take the
easiest trails to the next cache.  Also copies of the cache pages will be there
for you to have.

Strawberry Creek Nature area is off of Tenbrook Road which dead ends into
Telegraph in Arnold.  Most people will be getting off at the Richardson/Vogel
exit from HW55 and turn Left of Richardson Rd.  Where Richardson Rd dead ends
at 61/67, turn Right, go 1/2 mile and turn Left on Telegraph (at the Chevy
dealer).  Go about 2/3 and turn Left on Tenbrook to Strawberry Creek Nature
Area.  The pavilion is at:  N38 24.905,  W90 21.890

So I can get an approximate head count, please respond to this message or send
a separate e-mail to: cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx if you plan on going.  As always,
your guests are also welcome to attend too.

thanks,
BBD1   Bob Pratt

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today.