[GeoStL] Re: Getting a GPS

  • From: "tklnhl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:22:18 -0600

-
I hate to say this -- because I LOVE shopping online --  but you might have
to leave the house for this one LOL.  We looked at several
GPSrsrsrsr'sr'srsr  a couple of  weeks ago at Bass Pro.  Don't know who we
talked to -- but man the guy could rattle off all the details of each one we
touched:  altimeters; barometers;speedometers; even that joke about throwing
it off the mountain to see how far up you really are.  We got to push
buttons on the best of them (one had a lot of coordinates for China loaded
in it ... )  However, when  we dropped the "G" word he didn't really bite.
I'd say he seemed more personally interested in the units for the car -- he
knew  everything there was to know about those too...

If you do go to Bass Pro check into their rewards card --  it adds up fast
when you're spending a couple of hundred dollars here and there...

Nancy