[GeoStL] Re: Get the word out.

  • From: "Greg & Bobbi Crouch" <mo_crouchs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:31:26 -0600

-
Not everyone on the list is from StL.  I for example I am from Waynesville
Mo a small town about half way between StL and Springfield. We only have 4
caches nearby. One of them is mine and the other has only been there about 2
weeks. I have yet to talk to someone that knows about Geocaching that I
haven't E'd from the Geocaching.com website. That by the way is 2 people,
one from about 20 miles away and the other about 30 miles away. Fortunately
the one from about 20 miles away is a school teacher here in Waynesville and
has used my one cache for a class lesson on GPSr's. Now the whole class is
interested in it. I would consider it a dissapointment if they lost interest
in caching just because we don't have enough of them in rural areas because
people don't want other caches put out. Just keep in mind SLAGA doesn't
cover just StL hence the name St Louis AREA..........  I am in the middle of
SLAGA and ozmtngeocachers groups on the map. Just look at my area on the
state map and you will understand my thinking. Not trying to offend anyone
just stating my view.