[GeoStL] Re: Geo caching story

  • From: "Kurt Stoeppelman" <kstop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:13:34 -0500

-
I was caching just outside Manhattan Kansas, the other day after, I finished my
work. It was a new cache (GCNKJS5) with no logs. The cache page said it was
located on the edge of a private farm. The hider also was a friend of the
farmer and got his ok. My GPSr took me down a gravel road, there was a huge old
tree with a lot of roots exposed. I started looking and looking, where was it?
I sat down to reread the sheet. Right then a pig came running up to me. But it
only had three legs?? A minute later the farmer came over the hill on his
tractor and stopped. He said, "I see ya met my special pig." He asked "If I was
one of those cachers?" I said "I was, but could not find the cache." The farmer
said "I know why you can't find it, my pig dug the box out from under the tree,
carried it back to my house and ripped it into little pieces." "He thinks this
is his tree." The farmer then told me again, the pig was very special. I said
"Why is he so special, because he has three legs?" No, "He is real smart". In
fact he saved my whole family. A few years ago a fire started in my house while
everyone was a sleep. Ya know that pig raised such a fuss, we all got out of
the burning house and nobody was hurt. That pig is special! "Is that how he
lost his leg, I asked The farmer said, "Oh no, ya know you can't
eat a pig this good all at one time".
BA DA BOOM!
I hope the joke is better late than never. I was in Manhattan KS this week,
also Houston (twice), Harlingen, Tulsa and KC. After my third or was it my
forth flight I was so board, I wrote this bad caching Joke. It may not be any
good but it kept me busy for a while.
Rocfish

Subject field