[GeoStL] Re: Garmin eTrex H at Wally World $69

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 08:25:21 -0600

-
I love this review of the product!

Not a true GPS,
06/07/2010

Well, it is in the most strict sense in that it probably uses GPS satellites
to triangulate position.
But this is really just an electronic compass. It cannot be used for caching
because coordinates cannot be entered. All it does is record where you've
been. The display is a very blocky pixelated black-on-gray, and is not
back-lit.
If you're looking for something to get started geo-caching, this is not
it.(hide full review)

Almost everything he says is WRONG! Too Funny!!

Mike Griffin
Brawny Bear
St. Charles, MO