[GeoStL] Re: Fwd: EasyGPS and ExpertGPS now support Garmin USB receivers

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:43:57 -0500

-
I've found while the waypoints do transfer faster via, USB, the difference
is hardly noticeable.  Loading maps is another story.  It used to take about
an hour to upload 24 megs of maps.  With the USB on my 60CS, it took about 3
minutes to upload 53 megs of maps.  Street Atlas USA is not interfacing with
the USB port, so I am thinking of buying a USB Cable.  GSAK and GPSbable
will not communicate via USB either.  EasyMPS is doing the trick though.
QuakeMap also will not communicate via the USB.  Looks like lots of software
will not use USB.  So I think I am going to get the serial cable.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Subject field