[GeoStL] For those thinking of upgrading to an vistac, legendc, 60c/s. or 76c/s

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:49:51 -0800 (PST)

-
You might want to hold onto your hard earned money a little longer.  Bass Pro
has advertised a bit too early that Garming will be revamping these units.
According to an email I just got back from Darrell at www.tvnav.com there will
be 6 new units announced at the big show in Vagas in January, these units will
have the same name but be labled cx or csx as appropriate.  The revisions
include using the SiRF chipset for satelite reception (supposedly much better
than Garmins proprietary chipset) and a built in slot for TransFlash cards
(again something mass market not proprietary to Garmin).

  Darrel doesn't know what his pricing will be because Garmin has started
setting minimums of some of it's products like the Edge 305 and Nuvi 350.  BP
has them oon their website claiming Legend Cx 299.99, Vista Cx 349.99, 60Cx
449.99, 60CSx 499.99, 76Cx 499.99, and 76CSx 529.99 .  I wasn't able to find
these anywhere but the BP website and Darryl had to go ask Garmin after I
questioned it.

  Sara

Subject field