[GeoStL] County High Point Register

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:05:12 -0600

-
I climbed Black Mountain N37 28.188 W90 29.724 today.  (About an 850 ft
climb in the proposed Lower Rock Creek Wilderness.)  When I got to the
summit, there was a summit marker.  In the rocks there was one of those
plastic pipe containers with lids on the ends.   I though wow I found an old
cache or one that was not reported yet.  So I checked it out.  On the
outside it was marked Black Mountain 1502' County High Point Register.  (It
is the high point of Madison County.) Inside there was a plastic bag and log
but it was all wet.  I was able to open it and it was a USGS aerial photo
which people had written on.  But being wet, you could not read what they
had said.

Has anyone ever ran into one of these before or know who puts these out? It
would have been a great geocache.

There was a locationless cache you could log for high points.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"