[GeoStL] Columbia event cache

  • From: "Mark Schiefelbein" <mark_schief@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 07:47:49 -0700

Hi everyone--

I wanted to extend an invitation to all of you to come on out to this neck of the woods in a couple of weeks and attend the Columbia Geocachers' Picnic (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38727). It's being held on 10/19 (the Saturday after the SLAGA picnic) from noon to whenever - a_pineapple, who's hosting it, has put directions on the cache page.

I haven't been around too long myself, but it seems as though Geocaching's really taken off here in the last few months. We've got about two dozen caches in the area, and nine or ten of those have been placed just in the last month (plus several more that are in the works and will probably be out by the time the picnic rolls around).

I'll be at the SLAGA shindig next weekend, but it'd be great to see a few of you out in our neck of the woods. Hopefully it's not too short of a notice, but it's one of the few Saturdays till mid-November where there isn't the traffic/distraction of a home Mizzou game. If nothing else, the picnic's a good excuse to come out and log some of our new caches! ;)

--mark/ooga booga

Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching
Msg. of the day, "The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict."