[GeoStL] Re: Caches Along a Route

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:53:42 -0500

-
I've used it a few times. I don't think I made a route for my trip to
Branson because I had most of MO already in GSAK without creating a
separate query. When I went to Wisconsin and New York, I did make my
routes public. That way somebody else using the same route  will not
have to upload their own if they find mine first. For this reason I
also make my routes from city to city rather than origin to
destination (partly for privacy, partly for general utility) I figure
if you're at the destination, you will usually either be using another
route to continue the journey or creating a query for the general area
anyhow, so I consider precision of the destination generally
unimportant.

-Jon