[GeoStL] Re: Cache ratings

  • From: "John Kinder" <jkinder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:45:17 -0600

-
I'd like approx. distances listed since we always have a child along. For
long walks, and as the day wears on, their endurance goes down, and more
often than not that means giving a piggy back ride back to the car after
finding the cache. This imparts an additional physical challenge I'd like to
know about in advance.

Example: at "Dam View", what looked to be a straightforward 3/4 mile round
trip ended up being 2 miles round trip to complete the multi, and we ended
up carrying our "passenger" the last mile.

While we're making up new rating systems, how about a "playground rating". 1
star = no playgrounds around, up to 5 stars = super nice, clean, big, new
playground with no rust or sharp edges. For us, each cache with a playground
next to the parking lot has a near-mandatory 15 minute play period
afterwards as a reward to the short cacher for enduring the trek.