[GeoStL] Cabin Fever -Pot Luck-St. Louis Style

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gc-Maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:16:38 -0600

-
As most of you probably know by now, Lazylightning (Mike Bollinger) has put on
the last 2 cabin fever events in Jefferson city, but will not be hosting one
this year. It is obviously a lot of work and preparation for 1 individual to
handle, so he has decided to step back and take a rest.
For that reason, we will have a much scaled back version of what he was doing.
No turkeys, (well, there will be some :-)), no hams, no hot cooked meals, and
not a bunch of caches to hunt throughout the day.

So on Saturday, Jan. 28th, from noon until 5PM, we will have our Cabin
Fever-Pot Luck get together. As we did a year ago for our Christmas party, it
will be held at the Learning Center in Greensfelder park (same building as our
Geocaching 101 classes). SLAGA will provide, plates, utensils, napkins,
condiments, and I'm sure other items as details get worked out. SLAGA will not
provide and meat so this event will not cost anything. Everyone will need to
bring an item to share,everything from a main dish, side dish, desserts, and
refreshments.

The Learning center is a heated building with electrical outlets, large counter
space, and restrooms on the lower level. Plenty of parking is available also.

Since The County Parks system has worked with us and lets us enjoy our hobby in
the parks, has never charged us for a shelter reservation, and even allowed us
to use buildings that are not even available to the public (such as this
Learning Center), I think this should also be a "thank you" get together for
the park personnel and rangers we run into everyday. I'll send a separate email
to the rangers I know and my park contacts at Greensfelder, W. Tyson, and
Corporate and Mike Griffin will contact his sources in the St. Charles area.
Anyone else that has a park friend is welcome to invite them also.

See http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gcrwwg for the Event
page. Hope to see everyone there..

Rich

-- Desc: "AVG certification"