[GeoStL] Busch Wildlife Expo

  • From: "Jim Greene" <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:56:11 -0500

  Last Saturday we had our booth at the Busch Wildlife Area's shooting
range. 15 of us showed up, and we were kept pretty busy. We had a steady
stream of ''customers'' come through, some who had been there last year and
wanted to go again. Several kids remembered right where to go for the ammo
can which was in the same spot. It is a good place, but should be moved next
year. I think most of us had a person or two who we had long talks with
about Geocaching or GPS' or both.
 The pavilion was nice, and we were able to run an extension cord for a fan
to help keep cool. Attendance seemed down this year, but like I said, we had
plenty to do. We were also the best staffed exhibit out there. The SLAGA
GPS' worked well for us, even though we aren't all that handy with them. For
all 10 units, the tracks totaled 14.85 miles!
  The other exhibits were fun, Susie of Quailman2 got a bullseye with a
blackpowder rifle, but PandyAndy couldn't find any revolvers to shoot. We
made the rounds to see the rest of the place, talking with the other
exhibitors and picking up some freebies.
  We met 2 new cachers who came out there to help, NomadJay & NOWNV who both
live near Troy, Mo. It was great to meet you, thanks for coming out. And of
course thanks to the rest of the crew, PandyAndy, Quailman2's, Sniper1,
Denmother, Happy Kraut, DollarBill, LadybugStL, Crowesfeat30, Chod, Lancelot
& LFrank, it was a lot of fun to spend the day with them, doing something
worthwhile for the group & our sport.

Strider