[GeoStL] Re: Archived Cache (Terrorist Activity)

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:48:27 -0600

-
Actually, i have had 2 caches confiscated. Both times, I am told, it created much hullabaloo.

glenn

At 05:06 PM 2/12/2004, Dru C Reeves wrote:

Ok weird thing happened to this cache. See copy of the e-mail I received from GC Admin:

I'll bet I'm the first SLAGA member that this has happened to!!!
Hi Dru
Yes, I'm the one who archived your cache. Here is an email we received earlier today:
A citizen reported observing a suspicious male in the area of the Circuit Court/Common Pleas Courthouse run to a tree and place a package inside.
The subject then quickly left. It was reported as a possible explosive device near the courthouse. Police responded to the area and the package was located. It has been seized by the Cape Girardeau Police Department and placed into found property where you can recover it. In the future, do not leave any packages on the property of a courthouse or any city, state, or federal buildings. If you have any questions, you can contact me, Officer Glueck #208, at the Cape Girardeau Police Department, 40 S.
Sprigg, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703. Our number is (573) 335-6621.
Please contact Officer Glueck as soon as you can, and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Kind regards,
Nate

Original Message Follows:
From: "Dru C Reeves"
Subject: Confiscated Cache
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:55:44 -0600
Just saw an admin note on my cache's page saying it has been confiscated.
It
is GCF155. Can you give me some insight as to why this happened?

drur

Dru C Reeves

Terrorist and didn't even know it!!!