[GeoStL] Aquiring Sat Lock when Traveling

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:23:53 -0600

-

Resending with appropriate subject line

Rudy,
When you travel you need to tell gps your new locaton approximately or tell at least that you are in a new location so it can do a sat search automatically for you. I don't know how you do that on a magellan but there should be some type of selection on your sat page.

The reason for this is that the gps expects that you are going to be in same general area that you were the last time you had your gps on so it knows about where to look for the sats. Garmin suggests telling of new location if you are more than 250 miles from old location

Bruce

From: Rudy Johnston <rudyjhnstn@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: ARTICLE
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 04:12:17 -0800 (PST)

-
I haven't see nt article yet, but found it interesting
that I got my Mag 315 from Holiday Inn Priority
Points. 33000 points  Ironically, I am sitting in a
Holiday Inn in Luveen Belgium  wondering how I can
break away to grab a couple of caches during a
business trip.  I did get a chance to fire up the GPSr
last night but after 20 minutes could not get a lock
on sats.
--- Geocachette@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello ... I missed the link for that article ... can
> someone please post it
> again?
>
> geocachette

> Standard Time,  writes:
> >
> > Cool, nice article.
> >
> > glenn
> >
> > At 09:52 AM 12/2/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> > >While traveling thru Ill on a geocache/football
> weekend ran across the
> > >attached article in a Holiday Inn Navigator
> Magazine.  The word is really
> > >getting out.  I only hope it doesn't get to the
> point that we can't find
> > >the caches for the people.
> > >
> > >Princess & Frog

The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......