[GeoStL] Re: Another reminder to avoid railroad caches!

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:25:36 -0500

-
Oh, I forgot, the other scary part is this little sentence at the end:

"We're going to interview Cook, tally the costs and then meet with the
prosecutor,"

Like we need to be responsible if someone is so paranoid that they see
everything as a bomb. I can think of a whole lot of "suspicious" things that
might need to be investigated because it "could" house a bomb.  We need to stop
parking cars in public places because there might be a bomb in the trunk. What
is the difference between that and an ammo box? I guarantee you can fit more
stuff in the trunk of the car. So do you have to pay and suffer prosecution
because you parked you car in front of someone who is paranoid? The fact that
they are serious enough about this to even TALK to a prosecutor says to me that
is pretty scary. And we thought that St. Peters was ridiculous about requiring
SLAGA to have liability insurance before anyone could place a cache in the park.

I guess I better step off the soapbox before I REALLY get going.

Subject field