Annual Membership Meeting & Potluck this Saturday!!

  • From: GBFC Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gbfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gbfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:20:30 -0700

Hello Co-op Community!!

Come and join us this weekend for our 4th annual Membership Meeting/Potluck
out at the River School (7777 White Fir St. Reno, NV
89523).<http://www.riverschool.info/River_School/Home.html>
Hopefully you all received the beautiful mailer with the local veggies
designed by member owner-worker Melissa Gilbert-Kent, (thank you!!)

This is the time of the year that we are able to take a deep breath together
and celebrate our local food community that we have all helped to create!!

Check out the video invite created by two of our member worker-owners
(thanks Elisabeth Bartlett and Sarah Rosenbloom!!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgedW1NzI54

5:30pm -- Potluck, Kids Activities & live music from the *Verbal
Kint*<http://www.myspace.com/verbalkint1>

6:30pm -- Membership Meeting and Annual Report/Photo Slideshow

7:30pm -- Cake Walk, Bonfire, Local Organic Beer, and more live music from
several LOCAL FAVORITES:  *Royal Noble<http://www.myspace.com/iamroyalnoble>,
Chicken and the Biscuits, *and* My Flag is on
Fire<http://www.myspace.com/myflagisonfire>
!!*

Please bring a potluck dish if you plan on eating. *YUM!!*  While the River
has a lot of dishware, we would also like to encourage our members to bring
their own so that we don't have a lot of plastic and paper waste in case we
run out!!  We will be selling
*SPORKS*<http://lightmyfireusa.com/spork.html>for anyone who wants to
pick up an eco-friendly eating companion!!

At our last membership potluck we had a lot of attendees!!...being that our
membership is comprised of so many different types of eaters, please label
your food dish with ingredients so that those who have sensitive diets are
aware.

If you're really feeling in the mood for baking this weekend please bring a
cake for the children's CAKE WALK.  Last year we had a variety of raw,
vegan, traditional, gluten-free and "surprise" cakes, it was awesome!!

Hope to see you there!!

Great Basin Community Food Co-op

542 1/2 Plumas St. Reno, NV 89509 -- (775) 324-6133 store -- (775) 324-2922
office