[GameTalk] Troopanum2 questions/suggestions

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:13:23 -0500

Hi all,
I have recently been playing Troopanum2 (I have the full version) and
I have found a few annoyances/suggestions/questions.

1. Could the game be made to not play two of the same sound at the
same time? I am not saying that more than one of the same ship cannot
be on the screen at once, just that, if they are, they cannot be in
sync with each other. This leads to a problem where it sounds like
there is one ship right above you, but it is really two on opposite
sides of the screen. Not only will this cause you to shoot at nothing
in situations where there are a lot of ships, but it will also make
you think that you are to one side of a moonrock when there are
actually two moonrocks, and you hit one.

2. Holding down the arrow keys moves the aim very slowly. One can move
more quickly by repeatedly hitting the keys, but that gets tiring and
annoying. Could the movement of arrow keys be sped up considerably?

3. Personally, I would like to see an option to play all missions
without Gorbian levels, since I do not find those half as enjoyable as
regular missions. I would still like options like Baby Black Hole or
Reserection, but with no Gorbian levels.

4. On Gorbian levels, I think it would make a lot more sense to use
pitch instead of an increased buzzer noise to indicate targeting. Use
a low pulse for no target, a higher-pitched, faster pulse for
laterally aimed but not vertically, and a high, fast pulse for a good
firing solution. This would make it much easier to know when a Gorbian
ship is targeted.

5. I understand that Liquidators offer more of a challenge, but I find
it almost impossible to hit them on levels above 11 or so; there are
too many other ships for me to simply sit in the middle. Therefore,
could a keystroke be offered to immediately move to the center of the
screen, and an option be added to always have the center indicator
active?

*POTENTIAL SPOILER*
6. On level 16, the manual says that bombs will be coming at you while
you try to hit Lord Vector's ship. However, I have not yet found a way
to destroy or evade these bombs. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)