[gameprogrammer] Re: cerating a "local install" for VC Express 2005

  • From: "Roger D. Vargas" <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:42:56 -0500

Well, that produces linking errors about duplicate symbols.

Alan Wolfe escribió:
I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but i recently had a problem
where i was using MSVC 2005 express to make a release exe that when I
gave to other people would complain saying the program was
misconfigured and needed to be reinstalled.

After doing a little research I found out that you can fix that by doing this...

1) Right click your project and go into properties
2) Go to Configuration Properties -> General
3) Change "Minimize CRT use in ATL" to Yes
4) Rebuild project

After that, I could send out my exe by itself and people were able to run it.

On Dec 18, 2007 8:52 AM, Brian <brian.ripoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Isn't there a project setting to allow you to statically link to the
Visual C++ runtime rather than including any DLLs at all?

Project-> XXX  Properties -> Config Properties -> C/C++ -> Code
Generation -> Runtime Library ?

On Dec 18, 2007 1:05 PM, Roger D. Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Im trying to create what is called "local install", a deployment copy of
my project that doesnt requires vc redist pack to be installed, and so
admin privileges to install. I have included the required DLLs:
msvcp80.dll, msvcm80.dll and msvcr80.dll (one isnt needed but I cant
remember which one) in release version and what I think are manifest
files for those DLLs:
x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd.manifest
x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.manifest
I tried to run the app in a friends PC with Windos XP and I got an error
about runtime library.
Can somebody give me an idea about how to do this?

http://dsgp.blogspot.com | Linux, programación, juegos
Have no place I can be since I found Serenity
But you can’t take the sky from me

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com