[gameprogrammer] Re: Sorry for too many questions!!!

  • From: Vince <uberneen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:19:56 -0800 (PST)

1.  Check paypal.com, they make it pretty easy.

2.  The crosshair overlay is just an image.  Use a
graphics program such as The Gimp (gimp.org).
If I were doing it, I would make a TGA and use the
alpha channel for transparency.  This is as easy as
creating a new image and selecting the background fill
color to be transparent.
In OpenGL you'd save the current matrix, set up an
orthographic projection  for the size of the screen,
set the raster position, draw the overlay and pop the
matrix.
Blitz3d probably has a function that does most of that
for you.  Check the documentation for its use.

If the crosshair is for a scope, prior to drawing the
overlay you'll probably need to adjust your
perspective with different angles for field of view to
emulate zoom.

Vince~