[gameprogrammer] Re: Scaling Object By Z axis in 2D

  • From: Robbert de Groot <zekaric@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 08:45:45 -0700 (PDT)

This page talks about scaling matrix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaling_%28geometry%29

But I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish.  A 2D image has not depth
information unless you assign some depth in some way to a pixel in the image.
So no scaling matrix will do anything unless you have some logic for that.  And
if you do, and you are using some 3D rendering library, you'll need to create a
piece of geometry like triangles or individual pieces of geometry for the
pixels to dictate the z direction.

Robbert de Groot

From: Agha Usman Ahmed <aghausman@xxxxxxxxx>

I am working on a 2D image where I have X and Y axis now I want to simulate Z
axis by scaling the size of objects in image. but I am stuck with the
calculation. I don't know how to scale the objects based on Z-Axis. I red
this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_matrix link but didn't proof
very helpful.

Can anyone of you forward me to the right direction. I think I have
successfully put my question on this email but if there is some thing missing
please let me know .

Regards,

Agha Usman Ahmed
Sr . Software Engineer